Why Basement Solutions?
Besides the actual appearance of water in the basement, there are other signs of a potential problem.
Do your stored holiday decorations or clothes come out smelling musty or damp? Do you see mold or mildew forming? Sometimes there are obvious signs – sometimes less obvious.
Things to look for- Signs of Poor Basement Drainage:
- Dampness, mold, mildew, or musty odors
- Excessive dampness in corners and/or spots on the wall
- Hairline cracks in the floor and/or walls
- Standing water
- Seepage during moderate and /or torrential rains
- White powder residue on walls
- Foundation walls bowing or buckling
- Aggravation of allergies and/of more frequent respiratory ailments
If Left Untreated, Poor Basement Drainage Can Lead to the Following:
- Loss of property value – up to 25%
- Damage to stored valuables and photos that are irreplaceable
- Wood rot and insect infestations (like termites, carpenter ants, etc)
- Corrosion and rusting of electrical wiring and metal appliances (like furnaces, water heaters, and washer/dryers)
- Damage to electronic components
- Electrical shock hazards
- Serious health problems from allergic reactions, respiratory ailments and asthma
- Peeling of paint & wall coverings, wood paneling warping and wallboard deterioration
- Mold, Mildew and health risks associated with these fungi
- Serious structure problems with concrete block, fieldstone or poured concrete foundations
- Cracking and buckling of floor, weakened support corners, collapsing walls and bowing or buckling of foundation walls
Go with a professional, experienced company like Basement Solutions LLC and go forward with confidence. If no work needs to be done, we will tell you so. If you do require work, we have several payment options including: Cash, Check, Visa, Mastercard, Discover, PayPal, and a Same-As-Cash Option. Basement Solutions LLC is your waterproofing specialist.
Gain Extra Living Space In Your Basement
Fully Licensed and Insured:
CT License: HIC.0612192
Westchester County: WC-19096-H07
Putnam County: PC3444
8:00am – 5:00pm
9:00am – 3:00pm
Call us toll-free at
1 866 504 0007
to schedule your FREE, FULL inspection, consultation and written estimate.
Put your concerns about moisture in your home to rest!